The following health measures are strictly followed to reduce the risk of
COVID-19by all (faculty members, employees, students and visitors) at all times:
1. Practice of safe distancing: Physical distance of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as feasible.
2. Masking: use of facemasks are made mandatory.
3. Hand hygiene: Frequent hand washing with soap (at least 40- 60 seconds) can be done wherever feasible.
4. Respiratory etiquette: This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/ sneezing with a tissue / handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing of used tissues properly.
5. Self monitoring of health and being vigilant about prevention by restraining from activities. Those who have directly come across with known cases are considered as primary contacts and are supposed to go into self quarantine..
6. Prompt reporting of contact history and disclosure of any symptoms at the earliest to the relevant superiors.
7. Spitting at open places and making surroundings unhygienic should be avoided.
8. Sharing of objects like pen/ pencil/smart phones etc also should be done with caution.
9. Special precautions ( Getting into public conveyance with less number of passengers, adhering to seating arrangements, starting ahead of time) should be practiced during travelling as this has been identified as a high risk event for transmission.
10.Non-resident students are allowed in campus only after thermal scanning, sanitizing hands, wearing face masks and gloves. Symptomatic persons are permitted to enter the campus and should be advised to should be advised to contact the nearest hospital for clinical assessment.
1. Regular visits of a counsellor maybe arranged so that students can talk with their counsellor about their anxiety,stress or fear.
2. To avoid the risk of transmission, the students, faculty and staff are screened and symptomatic ones be advised to get clinically assessed before allowing them entry into the campus
3. Isolation facilities for symptomatic persons and quarantine facilities for those who were in contact with the positively tested persons is there on campus.
4. All such programmes and extracurricular activities are avoided where physical distancing is not possible. Meetings should be arranged as far as possible on virtual platforms.
5. Clean and hygienic conditions , as per safety and health advisories of the concerned government departments, are maintained at all places, including hostel kitchens, mess,washrooms, libraries, classrooms
6. Proper signage, symbols,posters etc.are prominantly displayed at appropriate places to remind the students,faculty and staff for maintianing physical distancing ..
7. The norms of physical distancing, sanitization and hygienic conditions for use of common facilities IS ENSURED.
1. Hostels are opened strictly observing the safety and health preventive measures.
2. All students must bring all a RTPCR report that is negative at the time of rejoining the hostel and they are recalled in batches.
3. Symptomatic students are not be permitted to stay in the hostels under any circumstances.
4. Since residential students maybe coming from different locations, they shall remain in quarantine and self monitor their health for a period of 14 days before being allowed to attend classes or as per the policy opted by the State government for quarantine.
5. There should be no crowding in hostel areas where students live in close proximity and share common facilities and utility.
6. Density in dining halls,common rooms,plane areas are limited ,keeping in view the requirement of physical distancing.
7. Hygiene conditions are regularly monitored in kitchens, dining halls,bathrooms and toilets
8. Cleanliness is to be maintained in dining areas. Meals are served in small batches, avoiding overcrowding.
9. Wearing of face mask and proper sanitization of hands of the staff engaged to the preparation and distribution of meals are ensured.
Sensitization of Students, Teachers and Staff
1. Awareness programmes regarding COVID 19 as to how the infection spreads, common symptoms, and precautionsand measures required to contain its spread is launched with preferably distance communications.
2. Maintaining hygiene e.g., how to wash hands, how to cough or sneeze into a tissue or elbow, avoid touching face, eyes, mouth and nose are regularly communicated and reinforced.
3. The necessity of physical distancing, wearing face masks, hygiene should be brought home to all.
4. Activities to stay fit, physically and mentally, is encouraged like exercising, yoga, breathing exercises, meditation etc.
5. Eating healthy foods, avoiding junk food, frequently drinking water, adopting ways to increase immunity etc are encouraged.
6. Students are told to regularly sanitize their laptops, audio, video and other media accessories.
7. Sharing of books, other learning materials and eatables are preferably discouraged.