The fulcrum goals of the Master Plan 2030 is to:
1. To be recognised as one of the premier academic institutions in Kerala and carve a road map for securing its place in the top ten positions in India.
2.Increase the college’s contributions to new academic programs, research, innovation, human resources to the industry and national development.
3. Extend the college’s commitment to excellence in teaching and its focus on creativity, entrepreneurship, environmental planning, ethics and value systems, and commitment to social equity and justice along with empowerment to its various departments.
4. Evolve necessary legal and governance structure to support this vision within the college, enable support from the Government, private sector and stakeholders.
ACADEMIC MASTER PLAN:
The vision of the college is to plan an institutional structure that would be compatible to the needs of 2030, which would integrate and weave together the aspirations and needs of not only of the region, but that of the nation and create an institute of excellence.
- Encourage proactive research proposals and programs and enable networking on a national arena of knowledge development and management.
2. Improve the quality of teaching and learning environment by promoting and helping the faculty to revisit fundamental principles, understand the extent of changes and awareness in their subject areas.
3. Use the best of education technology in teaching methods, and enhance teaching and support systems and infrastructure to serve the students better.
4. Strengthen the central library and departments libraries with the latest books, journals related to the specific departments, along with modernization, such as e-journals, computer networking and provide the library facilities beyond daylight hours and during holidays and vacations.
5. Introduce teacher assessment by students and develop a feedback system for ensuring quality of teaching programs.
6. Evolve quality and widely accepted assessment systems and provide transparency in awarding the internal assessment marks and providing public information about attendance and performance.
7. Establish scholarship and fee waiver by designing a transparent, socially merit driven system.
8. Create virtual classrooms on campus through the establishment of State-of-the –art electronically enabled dedicated auditorium, and dissemination networks amongst all departments.
9. Plan and prepare self-financed certificate, diploma, short-term, vocational and online courses and programs in each department.
CAMPUS MASTER PLAN:
1.Establish a separate block for academics including virtual class rooms, library with computers and internet connections and examination halls.
2. Establish a futuristic computer enabled student friendly facilitation centre to ensure automation and immediate response to requests for statutory process, such as admissions and examinations, easy to use library and ID cards.
3. Ensure energy conservation and generation of electricity through alternative sources and usage of energy conserving lights and appliances.
4. Provide car parking at the entrance and prevent pollution of the campus by the vehicles.
5. Provide multi-location cafeteria.
6. Provide additional facilities in the girls and boys hostels for academic, recreation and sporting activities, yoga and meditation room.
7. Establish a multipurpose Convention hall, with cafeteria, display facilities and exhibition area.
8. Create a holistic sports centre with athletic and games facilities and indoor sports.